Monday, July 7, 2008

U2 on Cold Case

Does anyone watch Cold Case? I watch it now and then while exercising and whatnot. They have old murder cases that have yet to be solved from a different year each episode. To get you in the mood, they always play songs from that year, or at least that time period during the flashbacks. It's always fun to see how the music fits in with the story and the time. Pretty cool.

So, imagine my delight when hearing Beautiful Day during the opening scene of a murder case from 2002. Imagine my excitement when I realized that they were ONLY playing U2 songs throughout the entire episode! Then imagine my confusion when suddenly they were playing Window in the Skies . . . in 2002? Hmmm . . . I decided they cared more about following the story than the actual time period of the music this time. Or maybe they just think we're all dumb. Here are the songs I heard them play:

Beautiful Day
Window in the Skies
Bad
Running to Stand Still
MLK
Stuck in a Moment
With or Without You
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Of course, the murder centered around drug addiction, and so we have here several songs that fit perfectly with that theme. So even though they used a span of over 20 years for their "period" music, at least it fit the storyline, which I hear is all the rage now for Cold Case. It sure made it fun for me!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Awesome post Cami! I would have been so excited too! I love hearing our little band on TV shows...I heard them also play a few U2 songs lately on various shows, but never the whole episode!..Nice.